Team leader, Mechanical Engineering
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Our Engineers are the front line and face of our company. The candidate will participate in the execution of the technical design work and coordinate the various orders for Xebec products.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Perform mechanical designs and standardization of different products;
- Optimize the PSA valve development with R&D project and optimization;
- Lead and supervise the packaging project for product compressor and others packaging project;
- Select mechanical components such as valves and piping;
- Communicate with suppliers of different components to obtain quotes and specifications;
- Coordinate the different stages of the design of the pressure vessels with the other members of the Engineering team;
- Prepare, coordinate (with the engineering team) and provide detailed fabrication drawings to the shop floor (general arrangement drawing, assembly drawings, pressurized apparatus drawing, tile drawings, P & ID, manufacturing checklist etc);
- Coordinate and approve the selection of components;
- Enter the equipment list (BOM) in the ERP system for each order;
- Prepare the operator's manual for each order;
- Make the request to the concerned jurisdictions to obtain the CRN of the pressurized devices;
- Provide daily technical assistance to the production department. Immediate monitoring of corrective actions as required (including BOM management, accuracy of drawings and checklist);
- Supervise the examination and acceptance of production defects;
- Provide progress reports and cost reports for orders;
- Provide technical assistance to the service and sales department as required;
- Participate in the planning of the various departmental activities as well as the management of the contracts;
- Technical writing of working documents.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Engineer, member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ);
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of work experience in manufacturing process equipment (pressure vessels, piping, equipment assembly, heat exchanger, valves, etc.);
- Experience in mechanical (and / or electromechanical) machine design;
- Knowledge of Solidworks software (or any other similar 3D drawing software);
- Knowledge of Autocad software;
- Bilingual (Written and Oral);
- Ability to speak (and write) Italian (major asset);
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously;
- Ability to create / plan development schedule (MS Project);
- Ability to model or draw in 3D with Solidworks software (an asset);
- Ability to draw with AutoCAD (an asset)
- P & ID drawing comprehension (process diagram and instrumentation) (essential);
- Basic knowledge of welding symbols, design of ASME pressure vessels and ASME piping codes (an asset);
- Being autonomous and able to work in a team.
Replies and CVs can be sent to email@example.com
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700