THE NEED FOR NATURAL GAS
Natural gas is a fossil fuel used as a source of energy for heating, cooking, and electricity generation.
It is also used as fuel for vehicles and as a chemical feedstock in the manufacture of plastics and other commercially important organic chemicals.
A significant portion of natural gas is considered sub-quality due to contamination by carbon dioxide (CO2). Natural gas pipeline operators have strict
specifications with respect to CO2 content in gas distributed via pipeline; so this carbon dioxide must be removed before the gas can be transported to market.
USING XEBEC PRESSURE SWING ADSORPTION TECHNOLOGY
The most widely used method for decontamination is pressure swing adsorption (PSA) technology. Xebec’s proprietary Fast Cycle Rotary Valve PSA systems offer compact,
low-cost, carbon dioxide separation solutions, typically used for these lower capacity applications (up to 4,000 NCMH product methane).
- Xebec's proven rotary valve technology – SLEEK, SIMPLE
- Advanced 6-bed or 9-bed Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) cycles – HIGH EFFICIENCY
- Capable of producing pipeline grade methane by removing CO2 and heavier molecular weight hydrocarbons
- Capable of producing pipeline grade methane
- Cost effective platform design – HIGH RELIABILITY, LOW MAINTENANCE, LOW COST